The beginning of the year is a time of new things, of fresh starts. If you're feeling the urge to try something a little different in your home, we've got 11 ideas to help you shake up your look.
1. Paint the inside of your bookshelves.
2. Hang art in an unexpected spot.
3. Paint your ceiling.
4. Hang a collection on the wall.
5. Draft something unusual into service as a table.
6. Use an oversized piece of art an in place of a headboard.
7. Wrap a gallery wall around a corner.
8. Hang a grownup mobile.
9. Paint (just) your trim.
10. Lean art (and display knickknacks) on a low console or shelf.
11. Work in something a little bit cheeky.
(Image credits: The Design Chaser; AirBnB; Chris Stout-Hazard; Domino; Design Sponge; T Magazine; Lonny; AD Magazine; Homelife; Melissa Oholendt for The Everyday Girl via Wit & Delight; Mother Made; The Chic Home)